Battle Creek Loves Small Businesses
Battle Creek is growing onto home to a thriving small business economy, characterized by an increasing number of successful small businesses and related jobs.
A small business study was completed in late 2016-early 2017 to set projects and provide a picture of the business landscape. Based on the results of that study, the community chose to focus on these projects:
- Dashboard: Formally launch a publicly usable data platform.
- Resource Mapping: Create a resource guide that maps the small business and entrepreneurial ecosystem in the community.
- Data Driven Outreach: Implement a system to gather and share small business data to support growth and development.
- Funding: Establish a fund and deploy $50k into the community with a focus on minority businesses.
- Internships: Connect interns to local businesses.
- Mentorships: Establish a successful mentoring program.
- Procurement: Verify if there is a platform in place locally to support local procurement. If there is not, then the committee explores ways to increase local procurement.
Battle Creek is an excellent place for small businesses to establish and grow. Our community has put together resources including funding from a variety of sources. Please click the link below or visit https://bcbizinfo.com/ for more information.